|COURSE||PREP TIME||COOK TIME||CALORIES||SMARTPOINTS®||SERVES|
Ingredients provided in your WW Fresh Recipes Meal Kit
|1/2||medium onion, diced|
|3||cloves garlic, sliced|
|1 CUP||mushrooms, washed, sliced|
|3 CUPS||spinach, fresh|
|1 FULL CAN (28 oz)||diced tomatoes|
|2 TBSP||tomato paste, unsalted|
|4||large whole wheat pitas|
|2 TBSP||parsley, fresh, chopped|
From your pantry
|1 TBSP||olive oil|
|2 TSP||cumin, ground|
|1 TSP||hot sauce (optional)|
|PINCH||each, salt and black pepper|
1. Heat oil in a large (deep) saucepan over medium-high. Sauté the onions for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, another 2 minutes.
2. Add chopped mushrooms and cumin and cook until slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Add spinach and toss, cooking until just barely wilted.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 Tbsp water, and hot sauce (if using), mix well. Bring to a simmer and season with salt and pepper.
4. Create four wells in the sauce. Working one at a time, crack an egg into a small bowl and gently slide the egg into each of the wells in the sauce. Cover the skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until eggs are set, 12-15 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and garnish with parsley.
- Serving size: 1 egg with ⅔ cup of sauce and 1 whole wheat pita.
- SmartPoints® value subject to change based on substitutions.