|COURSE||PREP TIME||COOK TIME||CALORIES||SMARTPOINTS®||SERVES|
Ingredients Provided in your WW Fresh Meal Kit
|1 LB||boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 4-oz pieces)|
|3 SPRAYS||cooking spray|
|1||Spanish onion, chopped|
|2 CUPS||butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes|
|3/4 CUP||basmati rice, rinsed|
|16||dried apricot halves, roughly chopped|
|1 ½ CUPS||chicken broth|
|2 TBSP||fresh cilantro, minced|
From Your Pantry
|1/4 TSP||ground black pepper|
|2 TSP||olive oil|
|1 TSP||ground cumin|
|1 TSP||ground coriander|
|1/2 TSP||ground cinnamon|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub salt and pepper all over chicken; set aside.
2. Coat a large oven-proof pot with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add oil; heat until it begins to simmer. Add cumin, coriander, and cinnamon; cook until fragrant, stirring about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Add chicken; cook until lightly browned, flipping once, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate; set aside.
4. Add onion and squash to pot, scraping down sides and bottom of pot to incorporate pan drippings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions start to turn translucent and squash begins to soften, about 10 minutes. Add rice and apricots; place browned chicken on top. Pour in broth; bring to a boil for 1 minute.
5. Cover pot and bake in oven until rice and squash are tender and chicken is cooked through, checking half way through to see if more broth is needed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
• Serving size: 1 piece chicken, 1 ½ cups vegetables and rice mixed
• SmartPoints® value subject to change based on substitutions.