|COURSE||PREP TIME||SOAK TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
2 HOURS 15 MINUTES
|2||skinless fresh Atlantic salmon portions (4 oz each)|
|1/4 TSP||each, salt and pepper|
|4||Greek pita breads|
|3 TBSP||Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil|
|2 CUPS||Longo’s Baby Arugula|
|1/2 CUP||red onions, thinly sliced|
|fresh dill sprigs (optional)|
|2 TBSP||sour cream|
|2 TBSP||lemon juice|
|3 TBSP||fresh dill, chopped|
|1 TSP||Longo’s Capers|
1. SOAK wood chips for 1 hour. Drain and place in foil container.
2. QUICK CRÈME FRAÎCHE: Stir together sour cream, lemon juice, dill and capers; set aside.
3. PLACE wood chips container on one side of grill and turn to high heat. Turn other side off. Heat until smoke starts to appear.
4. SEASON salmon with salt and pepper. Place on unlit side of grill and try to keep heat around 220°F. Smoke salmon for about 45 minutes or until salmon flakes when tested. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
5. TURN grill to medium heat and brush pitas and lemon with oil. Grill pitas and lemon halves for about 3 to 5 minutes, turning once.
6. SLICE salmon into thin pieces. Spread some of the crème fraîche over pitas. Spread salmon over top and drizzle with remaining crème fraîche. Top with arugula, onions and dill, if using.
7. SQUEEZE grilled lemon over top to serve.