|COURSE||PREP TIME||COOK TIME||CALORIES||SMARTPOINTS®||SERVES|
Ingredients provided in your WW Fresh Recipes Meal Kit
|2 PIECES||pork loin chops|
|4 OZ||cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|1/2||medium onion, thinly sliced|
|1 CAN||chicken broth|
|6 OZ||black and brown rice|
|10 OZ||broccoli florets|
From your pantry
|2 TSP||extra virgin olive oil|
|PINCH||salt and pepper|
1. Pat pork chops drywith papertowel and season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high and add 1 tsp of oil. Sear pork chops on each side for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add the remaining 1 tsp of oil to the pan with the sliced mushrooms, and onions and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms and onions are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the butterto the pan and melt into the mushrooms and onions to coat evenly.
5. Add the flourto the pan. Stir vigorously to coat the vegetables scraping any flourfrom bottom of the pan. Cook out the flourfor 1 minute.
6. Add the chicken broth and stir well. Bring the sauce to a short boil then reduce the heat to medium.
7. Return the pork chops to the pan and continue to cook, allowing the liquid to reduce by half, about 8 minutes. Once gravy reaches the desired thickness reduce heat to low, flip pork chops and coverthe pan with a lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, fill a medium sized pot with ½ inch of water and bring to a boil.Add broccoli to the pot and cover with a lid, steam for 3 minutes.
9. Cook rice according to package directions.
10. The pork is finished when it reaches a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F. If desired, add any chopped fresh herbs you have on hand to the pan.
11. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 1 minute.
12. Divide rice and vegetables among two plates and serve with pork chops and sauce.
- Serving size: 1 pork chop, 3 oz rice, 5 oz broccoli, 1 Tbsp mushroom gravy
- SmartPoints® value subject to change based on substitutions.