|COURSE||PREP TIME||SOAK TIME||GRILL TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
2 HOURS 35 MINUTES
|2||rib steaks, 2 inches thick (about 1 1/2 lbs each)|
|1 BUNCH||fresh Longo's Thyme or Rosemary|
|1/4 CUP||each, Longo's Honey and Rice Vingear|
|1/4 CUP||low-sodium soy sauce|
|1 PIECE||fresh ginger (about 1 inch), minced|
|1 TSP||chili paste|
|1/2 TSP||sesame oil|
|1 TBSP||wasabi paste|
|1/2 CUP||Longo’s Unsalted Butter, softened|
|PINC||Longo’s Fresh Parsley, chopped|
1. WASABI TERIYAKI BASTE: Combine honey, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sambal, pepper and sesame oil in saucepan; bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat.
2. WHISK in wasabi paste; reserve 2 tbsp for portobello mushrooms and pearl onions recipe; set aside.
3. MISO BUTTER: Stir together butter, miso and pepper; set aside 2 tbsp for portobello mushrooms and pearl onions recipe. Cover and refrigerate.
4. SOAK apple wood chips in water for 1 hour; drain and place half in foil pan; set aside remaining chips. Place foil pan directly on coals or bricks. Heat grill on high until smoke is visible.
5. TURN off side of grill without wood chips and keep temperature around 250°F.
6. BRUSH steaks evenly with Wasabi Teriyaki Baste and top with thyme sprigs. Place steaks on unlit side of grill and smoke for about 30 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 125°F.
7. REMOVE steaks from grill. Turn grill up to high heat. Remove thyme sprigs and brush steaks with baste again.
8. SEAR steaks quickly, about 2 minutes per side, then remove to let rest for 3 minutes.
9. TOP with Miso Butter to serve.
- Longo's Unsalted Butter TYR pts: 25