- Halls Black Cherry No Sugar Added Bag TYR pts: 25
Fight back this flu season
Although fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year, it also marks the beginning of the dreaded cold and flu season. To avoid waking up to sneezing and coughing and having that achy, feverish feeling, we've outlined some pro-tips to stay healthy.
How can I prevent a cold?
Wash your hands often to prevent the passing of germs, and sneeze or cough into a tissue or your upper sleeve. Above all, be sure to eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly and get enough sleep to keep your immune system strong.
How can I prevent the flu?
Follow the above steps for preventing a cold. In addition, the flu vaccination remains the best way to prevent and control influenza.
Flu shot fast facts
• You cannot contract the flu from the flu shot.
• It takes two weeks for your body to develop protection from the flu once you get the shot.
• Flu vaccines contain a small amount of egg protein, which is safe for those with mild egg allergies.
• The vaccine can prevent the flu in 60-80% of healthy children and adults, and about 50% of the elderly.