|COURSE||PREP TIME||GRILL TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|3 TBSP||Longo’s Ancho Chili Smoked Grilling Oil, divided|
|1||large sweet onion, divided|
|1||each, long green and red chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced|
|2 TBSP||craft beer|
|1/2 TSP||malt vinegar|
|1 CUP||Longo’s Fresh Parsley|
|1/2 TSP||salt, divided|
|4||demi baguettes, sliced lengthwise|
|1/4 CUP||Longo’s Basil Pesto Sauce|
|4||fast-fry striploin steaks (about 4 oz each)|
|4 SLICES||serrano ham, speck or prosciutto|
|2||hard cooked eggs, peeled and sliced (optional)|
1. HEAT 2 tbsp of the chili oil in skillet over medium-high heat; sauté onion, peppers and garlic for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add beer and vinegar; remove from heat.
2. STIR in parsley and pinch each salt and pepper; set aside.
3. SPREAD inside of baguettes with pesto sauce. Grill open over medium-high heat until toasted.
4. BRUSH steaks with remaining ancho oil, remaining salt and pepper; grill about 2 minutes per side or until medium. Place steaks in each of the toasted baguettes. Top with serrano ham, onion mixture, eggs and cheese, if using. Close top of baguettes and enjoy.
- Longo's Basil Pesto Sauce TYR pts: 25