|COURSE||BAKE TIME||CHILL TIME||SERVES|
8 - 10
1 box (175g) Longo’s Signature Almond Biscotti (6 pieces)
1/3 cup Longo’s Essentials Country Churned Salted Butter, melted
2 pkg (250g each) cream cheese, softened
1 tub (300g) ricotta cheese (in the basket), drained
1 can (300mL) sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract (optional)
3 large Longo’s Enriched Coop Eggs, beaten
Roasted Apple Cranberry Topping:
2 large, firm apples such as Honeycrisp, peeled and chopped
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/3 cup Longo’s Maple Syrup
2 tbsp Longo's Essentials Country Churned Salted Butter, melted
2 tsp finely grated orange zest
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
1/2 tsp Longo’s Ground Cinnamon
Toss apples with cranberries, maple syrup, butter, orange zest, orange juice and cinnamon in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Place biscotti in food processor; pulse until finely crumbed. Add butter and pulse to combine. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In clean food processor bowl, blend cream cheese with ricotta, condensed milk, vanilla and almond extract (if using) until very smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add beaten eggs and pulse just until uniformly combined (do not over-process). Pour into crust.
- Bake cheesecake on bottom rack with apple cranberry mixture on upper rack for 30 minutes or until fruit is caramelized and saucy and cheesecake is set around the edges but still wobbly in the centre. Turn off the oven and let cheesecake and fruit stand in hot oven for 30 minutes.
- Transfer cheesecake to rack and run knife around edge. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving with topping. Rewarm the apple cranberry mixture, if desired, before spooning overtop.
- Longos Essentials Ground Cinnamon TYR pts: 25