|COURSE||PREP TIME||BAKE TIME||SERVES|
|4||Large Longo’s Enriched Coop Eggs, Seperated|
|2 TBSP||Orange Zest|
|2/3 CUP||Granulated Sugar, divided|
|1 1/2 CUP||Longo’s Ground Almonds|
|1/2 TSP||Almond Extract|
1. In a bowl, beat egg yolks, orange zest and 1/2 cup of the sugar using an electric hand mixer for 3 minutes or until thickened and ribbons form when beaters are lifted.
2. Stir in almonds and almond extract.
3. Clean beaters; in another bowl, beat egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
4. Stir half of the egg white mixture into almond mixture to lighten the batter. Fold in remaining egg white mixture until combined.
5. Pour batter into greased 8-inch cake pan lined with Longo’s Essentials Parchment Paper. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cake is golden and tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
6. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Gently invert onto rack; turn right side up and let cool completely and serve
Tip: Egg whites won’t beat well if they have any trace of yolk or other fat in them. Whether you use the “pour from one egg shell to another egg shell” method or separate them directly in your clean hands, separate each egg over an empty bowl; that way if one yolk breaks and falls into the bowl, you’ve lost only one egg white.