|COURSE||PREP TIME||TIME BAKE||SERVES|
23 Bars or 16 Squares
2oz bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup Longo’s Essentials Country Churned Unsalted Butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups Longo's Organic All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped Longo’s Pecans
1/3 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Line an 8-inch square metal cake pan with Longo’s Parchment Paper.
- Place chocolate in heatproof bowl set over hot, not boiling, water to melt. Let cool.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy; beat in melted chocolate and sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl; beat in vanilla. In separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, chocolate chips and pecans. With a wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into butter mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Press into prepared pan in an even layer; smooth the surface with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Cover the surface evenly with chocolate sprinkles; press in gently.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until fragrant and coming away from the sides of the pan. Let cool on a rack for about 30 minutes or until still warm, but not hot to the touch. Holding the parchment paper, lift onto cutting board. Pressing a sharp knife down cleanly, without sawing, cut into squares or bars.
- Longos Country Churned Butter Unsalted TYR pts: 25