The Grocery Gateway website is WCAG 2.0 Level A compliant and accessible to screen readers. However, we know from customers using this technology that online shopping can still be difficult. We offer the option of placing your order by phone for a more enjoyable shopping experience. Please call 877-447-8778.
As a valued Grocery Gateway by Longo’s Guest, your safety has always been, and remains, our priority. We are committed to providing you regular updates on the steps we’re taking to combat the spread of COVID-19. Doing the right thing is part of the very fabric of Grocery Gateway by Longo's and Longo's. You have our full commitment to continue to do the best we can every day to ensure our Team Members and Guests are protected.
In an effort to limit one-on-one interactions with our drivers and guests to maintian social distance, we've made some important changes to our delivery experience.
• We have transitioned to accepting only online payments, eliminating the need for the handling of payment terminals and Guest signatures on delivery. Visit our FAQ for details about changing your billing and payment details.
• Until further notice, our delivery team members will refrain from entering into Guest’s homes. This means attended deliveries will be left with the Guest at the door. Condo/apartment unit deliveries will be completed in the lobby or left with the concierge.
• In the interest of the health and safety of our Guests and Team Members, we will not be accepting product or shopping bag returns until further notice.
• Effective Monday, May 4, delivery and pick up times will be released for the next available day of the following week only, instead of three weeks ahead, to encourage more accurate Guest ordering.
• Our delivery team members have been provided with gloves and face shields as part of their uniform. Each truck is equipped with hand sanitizer as well as additional cleaning supplies. Trucks undergo regular deep cleaning and sanitization.
• Our shopper team continues to be provided with gloves, face shields, face masks and hand sanitizer. We’ve increased hand sanitation stations throughout our fufilment centre. Frequent handwashing is mandatory and governed.
• Everyone who enters our fulfilment centre undergoes COVID-19 screening, which includes a temperature and wellness check. Handwashing stations are available at the entrance and throughout our facility. Our fufilment centre also undergoes a regular deep cleaning and sanitization. We've added floor markers and signage to maintain social distance guidelines.
• We have hired additional staff in all areas (shoppers, drivers, customer care and cleaning teams) to help support the increased demand for deliveries.
• Team members are encouraged not to report into work if they are experiencing signs of illness. Under current policy, Team Members have allocated paid sick days. As a result of COVID-19, our policy has been extended. If any Team Member is is directed to self-isolated or enter quarantine, they will be paid in full for the duration. The health and well-being of our team members is vital to our culture at Longo’s.
We are working tirelessly with our supplier partners to ensure you have access to fresh food and essentials at fair prices during this challenging time. As demand continues for some products, quantity limits per customer may be imposed until we are able to restock. During your shop with us, we ask all Guests to be considerate and supportive of our community members. Please update your order to accept substitutions, allowing our Team Members to provide similar products, when necessary, to complete your order. View our FAQ about substitutions for more information.
Please know that we haven’t changed any of our pricing practices nor have we raised a single price to take advantage of COVID-19. Longo’s has been building trust with the community for the last 65 years by treating everyone like family and today, that trust is more important than ever before. For more about Longo’s COVID-19 response, please visit Longo's.com.
Like many grocery retailers we are experiencing an increase in orders, however, in response, we’ve increased our shopper and delivery driver Team Members as well as increased assistance in Customer Care. If you do not see any delivery times in your area, please check back tomorrow morning as delivery times are released daily. Please note: our Customer Care team is unable to alter or create delivery times. Be sure to check back with us as same-day deliveries and store pick up options increase.
Our Customer Care team is experiencing a large volumne of calls. Kindly review our FAQ before reaching out.
We have and will continue to monitor closely regular updates regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) from World Health Organization (WHO). As updates are made available, we will be updating our policies regularly to ensure the safety of our Team Members and continued safe delivery to our Guests. For regular updates on our delivery policies, please refer to this page.
• If you or a member of your household are under self-quarantine, have been diagnosed with coronavirus (COVID-19) or may have come into contact with someone that has, we ask that you contact our Customer Care Centre at 1-877-447-8778 to inform them so that our team members can take the necessary precautions for safe delivery of your groceries. We understand how important healthy food is on the journey to healing and want to make every effort to ensure safe delivery.
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 15 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content. When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands. Ensure proper disposal of used tissues in waste basket.
• Ensure doorknobs are sanitized regularly and entry ways are clear so that groceries can be left at the door.
• Take social distancing and self-isolation orders seriously. If you are in mandated self-isolation or quaratine, do not go to the store.
• Practice responsible buying and refrain from hoarding products. Your neighbours may need supplies too!
• Don’t wait until the last minute to place orders. We are giving priority to our elderly, disabled and those is self-isolation but planning ahead is very important.
• Practice patience and understanding as we go through challenging times together. While we understand that change can be difficult, please know that careful thought and consideration has been given to each and every policy change.
The Grocery Gateway by Longo’s team thanks you for your support during this time. Small actions can make a big difference when everyone helps out! Thank you for doing your part.