|COURSE||PREP TIME||TIME BAKE||SERVES|
23 Bars or 16 Squares
1/2 cup Longo's Essentials Country Churned Unsalted Butter, softened
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large Longo’s Enriched Coop Eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 cup Longo's Organic All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Longo’s Ground Almonds
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup diced Longo’s Dried Apricots
3/4 cup Longo’s Organic Apricot Fruit Spread
1 cup Longo’s Sliced Blanched Almonds
- Line an 8-inch square metal cake pan with Longo’s Parchment Paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in the vanilla and almond extract.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, ground almonds and salt. Add the apricots, tossing to keep pieces separate. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture in 2 additions. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Smooth the surface with an offset spatula or back of a spoon.
- Stir the fruit spread, breaking up any chunky bits. Spread evenly over the batter and top with an even sprinkle of sliced almonds. Press almonds lightly into the apricot layer.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven 40 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool on rack. Holding the parchment paper, lift onto a cutting board. Pressing a sharp knife down cleanly, and wiping the knife between cuts, cut into bars or squares.